Whether you are new to online trading, or you have been doing it for years, we want you to make the most out of your Cantor Index account. Below are a few hints and tips to help you in your approach.
Educate yourself - Cantor Index research centre
It’s important to stay informed about what is going on in the market - know you markets. Don't leave your trading decisions to chance, use the wealth of information within our Research Centre to make more informed decisions;
- Research your next trade, view historical data, news, broker views and filter the markets with our stock screener.
- Review the instruments you have in your portfolio. Do you have a well balanced portfolio?
- Keep an eye on sectors where you hold instruments.
- Use our economic calendar to keep informed of events that may impact the price of your holdings.
- Who are the firms in the news, what developments may make their shares rise or fall.
Log on to your account to view the research centre.
Practise using our demo account
We offer a demo account that is an almost identical representation of our live platform just with a few less products.
- Test your trading strategy
- Get used to our platform
- Open and close trades in different ways
- Practise using advanced trade tickets and related orders
- Understand how margin and NTRs work without risking your capital.
- Build up your confidence before you trade for real
Use advanced orders to take profits and protect against losses
When you open a position, you can choose to add a Limit Order, Stop Order or a Guaranteed Stop Order. If you are not always around to watch the market you should use advanced orders to take profits and protect against losses. Remember markets can quickly become volatile.
Select the right account type for you
Cantor Index offers two types of trading account a regular account which requires you to manage your own risk and a guaranteed stop account that automatically limits your risk of losses. Unless you are confident or manually add Guaranteed Stops to your trades you should select our Guaranteed Stop Account.
Work on defining your strategy
The best traders always have a strategy and stick to it:
- Think about the amount of your capital you are risking with each trade and set stop losses if you are not going to be around.
- Know what you are trading and do your research.
- Recognise that some instruments are more volatile than others (single equities versus entire indices for example).
- Understand the product you are trading and its associated costs such as overnight funding charges.
Don't look for the perfect trade
You will not always pick the bottom of a down trend or the top of a rally. A good trade is a profitable one.